While we usually use this blog space to discuss news and issues related to plumbing, as proud, loyal Hoosiers, we would be remiss if we didn’t talk about the big news around the area. Unless you’ve been living in a cave for the last two years, you know exactly what we’re talking about.
It seems like it’s been forever since the official announcement, but it’s finally almost here. That’s right, Super Bowl XLVI kicks off in about just about 13 days and 7 hours. The many events that surround the Super Bowl get into full swing this week. And while many of these events take place in venues around Indianapolis, Fishers, Noblesville, and the rest of Central Indiana have not been forgotten.
As part of the celebration, the Indianapolis Super Bowl Host Committee established Super Celebration Sites to help visitors get the most from their visit, naming 17 local communities as special destination locations.
The Super Celebration Sites are natural gathering places that offer local-area residents and visitors a chance to participate in local activities that surround the big game. Each site had a collaborative group to plan and organize programming, including access to local-area information, housing for NFL guests and fans, a concentration of restaurants and other hospitality amenities.
Super Celebration Sites in the northern metropolitan Indianapolis area include Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville in Hamilton County, and Zionsville in Boone County. Each site will have official housing for NFL fans, restaurant destinations and other attractions. Features and services at the various locations will include:
- Welcome Areas: Carmel Visitors Center, 37 E. Main St., Carmel, IN 46032; Fashion Mall at Keystone, 8701 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis, IN 46240; Clay Terrace, 14390 Clay Terrace Blvd, Carmel, IN 46032
- From Downtown: 20 miles North
- Known for: High-end shopping districts and a wide array of dining
- Celebration Buses (2): Running from Clay Terrace to Indy, (1) running from Fashion Mall to Indy for Thur/Fri/Sat. Also 2 mini circulator buses connecting Carmel hotels to Clay Terrace and Arts & Design District
- Welcome Area: Fishers Welcome Center at the Train Station, 11601 Municipal Dr., Fishers, IN 46038
- From Downtown: 25 miles Northeast
- Known for: Historical attractions and unique shopping
- Celebration Buses (2): Running from Connor Prairie to Indy. Also 1 mini circulator bus connecting Fishers hotels with restaurants along 96th and 116th Streets
- Welcome Areas: Noblesville Visitors Center, 839 Conner St., Noblesville, IN 46060; Hamilton Town Center, 13901 Town Center Blvd, Suite 1000, Noblesville, IN 46060
- From Downtown: 25 miles Northeast
- Known for: Local eateries and historical attractions
- Celebration Buses: Mini circulator bus connecting hotels and Hamilton Town Center
- Welcome Area: Prudential Real Estate Office, 15 S. Main St., Zionsville, IN 46077
- From Downtown: 20 miles Northwest
- Known for: Quaint main street with incredible restaurants and boutique shopping
Super Celebration Site Events
Some of the events to take place in and around these Super Celebration Site communities include:
- Carmel, Cicero, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield and Hamilton County Parks Cache the Big Game Geocaching Series – Starting January 27th, you can join the adventure? Bundle up, put on a pair of boots, and charge the GPS unit!
- The Cache the Big Game geocaching series will take you across Hamilton County, discovering the hidden gems of the area.
- After locating each of the eight caches using a GPS unit and collecting the special codes at each, participants will email their results firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The first 100 people to respond with the correct information will receive a commemorative pathtag.
- Carmel City Center Winter Market: Saturday, February 4 from 9 am- 12 pm, a special day at Winter Market where vendors are encouraged to bring items that will aid in throwing a great Big Game party.
- Fishers: Conner Prairie Interactive History Park, 13400 Allisonville Rd
- Business After Hours – Super Bowl Kick-Off Party at Conner Prairie, January, 26, 5- 7 PM:
- Super Car comes to Conner Prairie February 2 – 5; 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: In celebration of the Super Bowl, Conner Prairie will host a Super Car in the Welcome Center, one of 33 Super Car locations in the Indianapolis metro area. See which NFL team car will be represented.
- The Science of Football – Throughout February, the Conner Prairie Science Lab is all about football. How do the players make it all look so easy? Find out why a spiral throw is so important, how speed and weight affect how hard players get hit, and how they keep their balance and direction while swerving through the air. You’ll then have a chance to test your skills and learn about the forces behind every swing, kick, and throw you make.
- Zionsville – Z-Bowl: In the week prior to the Super Bowl, the quaint town of Zionsville comes alive as it is transformed into a winter wonderland as part of its role as an Super Celebration Site. Events taking place from Thursday, 2/2 through Saturday, 2/4 include:
- Z-Bowl Indie Rock Concert
Featuring Nashville’s Hottest Indie Rock Stars – Saint Alphonsus Church, doors open 5pm, Concert Starts at 6pm ($20.00/ticket)
- Pop-Up Chefs – Friday, February 3, 5 – 10 PM
Enjoy the flavor of Zionsville’s historic brick Main Street as local chefs “pop up” serving their culinary creations in exquisite art galleries, one-of-a-kind boutiques & restaurants. Sample their masterpiece recipes while perusing through art exhibits as part of Zionsville’s First Friday events.
- The Walk & Roll Football Camp - Saturday, February 4th, Zionsville Middle School from 9am – 1:30pm. A total of 200 children of all levels of ability, along with the support and cheers from family members, will participate in the camp along with the support staff to make the day successful regardless of the child’s needs.
- Now through February 5, the National Art Museum of Sports (NAMOS) will display special football themed works of art in selected local establishments, including:
- Goodman Jeweler (106 N. Main), Watts Gallery (10 N. Main)
- Brown’s on Main (98 S. Main)
- Prudential Realty (15 S. Main)
- Executive Airport (11329 East State Road 32)
- Z-Bowl website
- Purchase Z-Bowl event tickets here.
- Z-Bowl Indie Rock Concert
- For something completely different, how about joining a Flash Mob? Organized by Zionsville’s Zfit Club, the Super Bowl Super Flash Mob is still accepting volunteers. Everyone is invited, regardless of age, sex, physical condition or dance experience. The only requirement is to attend at least one of the last two training sessions, which will take place on:
According to Michele Teague, the flash mob producer, “We want to be right on with every beat. We have to, no matter where we start or where we end up dancing or what time the Super Bowl committee decides to start that music, we are going to be ready to go.” Visit the Zfit Club’s Facebook page for the latest updates and more information about this unique event.
Visit the official Super Bowl XLVI Host Committee website for more information about all the Super Bowl-related events in Indy and around the Central Indiana area, as well as important information you will need to know about getting around the downtown area, parking and alternatives, and much more.
Now get out there and have a great time.
And don’t forget, if the big crowd at your Super Bowl Party causes any plumbing problems, 3C Plumbing will be here to help on Monday morning, or any time you need us. If you live in Noblesville, Carmel, Fishers, or anywhere in the north metro Indy area, call (317) 850-5114 for prompt, reliable service.