In this second installment of our look at Events & Activities in the Hamilton County area, we take a look at a few more options the City of Noblesville has to offer.
- Were you aware that the City of Noblesville provides a variety of recreation programs year round, open to both residents and non-residents for a nominal fee?
Programs are available for all age groups in a variety of interests, from cheer-leading and cooking classes for preschoolers; to children’s classes about "The World of Science," karate and ballet; to Yoga, Zumba, and fitness classes designed especially for Baby Boomers age 55 and older.
Visit the official Noblesville, IN website for a complete list of upcoming classes, dates, and costs.
- Looking forward a bit, mark May 18th on your calendar for one of our favorite events of the year: Bike To Work Day.
That’s right, May is National Bike Month, with the third Friday of the month designated as Bike to Work Day each year. Last year’s local event had riders coming from all directions.
Why bike to work? We’ll give you three good reasons:
- First of all, it’s fun! Biking to work builds morale, encourages camaraderie, and is a great way to get moving in your community.
- Second, it’s healthy. Active employees are more alert, take fewer sick days, and are more productive overall.
- Third, it’s green. Biking reduces your carbon footprint, reduces traffic congestion, and can save you money- especially with today’s rapidly-increasing gas prices!
Visit the League of American Bicyclists’ web site for more information about how to hold your own Bike to Work event, or call Sustain Noblesville Chairperson Amy Shankland at 317-776-6324.
- And don’t forget, Spring and Summer are just around the corner. Noblesville’s Summer Concert Series kicks off on May 31st with Big Daddy Caddy, one of Indiana’s premier party bands that perform an energetic variety of songs and keep their audience dancing.
The concert begins at 7pm at the events lawn area of Dr. James A. Dillon Park (Cherry Tree Road and Midland Lane).
So, come on Noblesville, get out there and enjoy all that your great city has to offer all year long.
In our next post, we’ll take a look at upcoming events in Fishers and Geist.